Top 10 reasons to choose University of Bristol
To help you get to know us better we have compiled our top 10 reasons to choose us:
- One of the top 40 universities in the world and ninth in the UK. (QS World University Rankings 2015/16). We have an excellent tradition of attracting high achieving students from all over the world. We pride ourselves on having a vibrant and diverse student population. The School of Economics, Finance and Management has welcomed students from 85 different countries over the past three years.
- A Russell Group University. The Russell Group represents 24 leading UK universities which are committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience and unrivalled links with business and the public sector.
- One of the UK’s most targeted universities by top employers. (High Fliers Research) Employers visit Bristol all year round. As a student and alumni you can meet with them directly at one of our many careers events.
- We have a supportive Postgraduate Network. The Postgraduate Network is a student-led initiative for all postgraduate students (both research and taught) that seeks to develop an active, strong and vibrant postgraduate community.
- Small, interactive tutorial classes and regular contact hours. Teaching methods include lectures, small group tutorials and workshops. Classes consist of around 15 students. Academics are also available for 2 office hours per week, where students can visit without appointment to seek clarification or further explanation on anything they have been taught in class.
- There are 10 University libraries, housing over 1.4 million volumes of printed books and journals – the largest academic collection in the south west of England.
- IT support. IT-equipped study spaces are located across the University, either for quiet study or in a more social, collaborative setting. Over 2,000 PC’s (some of which are available 24 hours a day) are available for student use as well as printer facilities.
- Accommodation Guarantee for international students. If you apply for
accommodation by the given deadline we will guarantee securing you University accommodation.
- Free bespoke English language support. If English is not your first language the Centre for English Language and Foundation Studies (CELFS) is worth a visit. Sessions are designed to meet your discipline-specific needs.
- Award winning city life. A major survey of 20,000 university students across the country voted city life in Bristol as the best in Britain, in April 2015. The University of Bristol won the ‘City Life’ category at the 2015 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. Bristol has also been voted European Green Capital 2015 and the Best City to Live in Britain 2014.