Postgraduate Research Open Day
The Bristol Doctoral College (BDC) are organising the University’s first Postgraduate Research Open Day, focusing on postgraduate research opportunities.
This will take place on Thursday 12th November, 3.30-6.00pm.
The aims of this event will be to;
- introduce the broad spectrum of world-class research available to our postgraduate researchers (PGR’s);
- highlight the quality of our academic staff as leading experts in their field;
- expand on the training opportunities for PGR students to acquire professional skills;
- explain the various funding options available to support PGR studies;
- showcase the state-of-the-art facilities our PGRs have access to;
- provide an opportunity to talk to current research students about what it’s like to do a research degree;
- introduce a range of employment options beyond graduation using relevant alumni examples;
- highlight the range of personal and professional resources available and the University’s commitment to developing outstanding (and highly employable) researchers;
- introduce the network of support services dedicated to ensuring that our PGRs get the most out of their time here;
- explain the role of the Bristol,Doctoral College in the postgraduate life of the University;
- emphasise why Bristol is such a great city to live and study in!
If you are interested in finding out more about this event please contact the Bristol Doctoral College at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to find out more about applying for a PhD with the School of Economics, Finance and Management, please visit our website.